Friday, January 22, 2010

Branching Out

Four active boys with me all the time. Virtual Schooling and Dog Training. Stocking my Etsy Store and Hyenacart. Twittering and Facebooking. Joining Teams and Checking Google Analytics. Posting to Forums and Admiring Hearts. Crafting and Journaling. Studying and Keeping up with Friends. Housecleaning and Church Activities. Blogging and Flickring. Training to be the last to the finish for the third year running at the Whisky Row Half Marathon. Sometimes I feel worn out before noon.

But, I would never trade this life.

And I make conscious choices every single day to not only seek out replenishing positive influences, but to BE a positive replenishing influence in the lives of others.

I often struggle with anxiety. I want to be a better listener. I want to offer forgiveness faster and with more enthusiasm. And I want to be honoring to those around me. All of this takes work. Real labor. Not unlike my pitocin-induced hospital birth or my homebirths.

And all of this demands rest. So, when the body can't rest I try to rest in other ways. I try to challenge myself and invest in only the important things and take some time to enjoy my craft.

Thanks to April of http://athoughtfullife.com/?p=747 for featuring my Wool Tea Set on her blog about handmade toys. Check it out for other great items.

No comments:

Post a Comment